Universal and Imagine Extend Production Pact Through 2016
The new agreement for producers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard is a first-look deal, rather than an exclusive arrangement.
Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment announced Tuesday that they are extending their partnership through 2016.
The new deal with Imagine, headed by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, replaces an existing one that was set to expire in 2013. However, unlike the current exclusive deal, the new agreement is described as a first-look deal.
Universal most recently released Imagine's Tower Heist, which has grossed $138 million worldwide. Imagine also produced Clint Eastwood's J. Edgar, which was released through Warners.
Grazer is currently producing the 2012 Academy Awards with Don Mischer.
Imagine projects currently in development at Universal include 364, based on an original idea by David Guggenheim; the sci-fi film Amnesty, based on an idea by Max Landis; a remake of 1970's Colossus; and the drama Lowriders.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR