Universal Marketing Team Adds Former Sony Exec
Seth Byers joins as EVP, creative strategy and research.
Universal Pictures has tapped Seth Byers to join its marketing team as executive vp, creative strategy and research.
Byers comes to Universal from Sony Pictures Entertainment, where he held the title of senior vice president of worldwide research.
On Wednesday, president of marketing Josh Goldstine announced the newly created role, in which Byers will work with Goldstine and co-president of marketing Michael Moses to help maximize strategic execution of theatrical marketing campaigns. Byers also will coordinate cross-company research relating to film marketing with NBCUniversal and Comcast.
“Seth’s analytical rigor, creative sensibilities and strategic expertise make him the perfect compass in our continued journey to create the most effective, cutting-edge marketing campaigns for all of our films,” said Goldstine.
Byers joined Sony in 2005 as manager of worldwide research and was promoted to svp in 2010. As svp, he led research for worldwide theatrical research initiatives and provided strategic guidance on franchise health studies for several of Columbia/Screen Gems’ projects including Spider-Man, Resident Evil and Underworld. Byers began his career as a creative assistant at Miramax and New Line Cinema.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!