Universal Marketing Team Adds Former Sony Exec
Seth Byers joins as EVP, creative strategy and research.
Universal Pictures has tapped Seth Byers to join its marketing team as executive vp, creative strategy and research.
Byers comes to Universal from Sony Pictures Entertainment, where he held the title of senior vice president of worldwide research.
On Wednesday, president of marketing Josh Goldstine announced the newly created role, in which Byers will work with Goldstine and co-president of marketing Michael Moses to help maximize strategic execution of theatrical marketing campaigns. Byers also will coordinate cross-company research relating to film marketing with NBCUniversal and Comcast.
“Seth’s analytical rigor, creative sensibilities and strategic expertise make him the perfect compass in our continued journey to create the most effective, cutting-edge marketing campaigns for all of our films,” said Goldstine.
Byers joined Sony in 2005 as manager of worldwide research and was promoted to svp in 2010. As svp, he led research for worldwide theatrical research initiatives and provided strategic guidance on franchise health studies for several of Columbia/Screen Gems’ projects including Spider-Man, Resident Evil and Underworld. Byers began his career as a creative assistant at Miramax and New Line Cinema.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services