Universal Moving Forward With Fifth 'Bourne' Film
Anthony Peckham has been hired to continue the story of Jeremy Renner's Aaron Cross.
Universal is planning on bringing back the Bourne franchise for a fifth installment.
Anthony Peckham has been hired to write the script for the next film in the action franchise, which will continue the story of Aaron Cross, played by Jeremy Renner, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Renner took over the lead from Matt Damon in the franchise for the fourth film, The Bourne Legacy. He plays Cross, another medically enhanced covert operative in the same vein as Damon's Jason Bourne. Franchise screenwriter Tony Gilroy took over directorial reins from Paul Greengrass, and Tony and Dan Gilroy wrote the script for Legacy.
The fourth film in the franchise opened No. 1 at the box office with $38.1 million in the U.S. and went on to gross $276.1 million worldwide.
South African-born Peckham's previous work includes penning the Clint Eastwood-directed Nelson Mandela biopic Invictus and Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr. He's repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10