Universal Music South East Asia Ups President Sandy Monteiro
A long-standing music industry executive in Asia, Monteiro is appointed head of new business for Asia Pacific.
Sandy Monteiro, president of South East Asia at Universal Music, has expanded his responsibilities to include the new position of head of new business for Asia Pacific, it was announced Monday by George Ash, president of Asia Pacific at Universal Music.
Monteiro is responsible for Universal’s Asian Regional Office and operating companies in Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and Korea. He now additionally will head Universal Music’s new business division for the Asia Pacific region outside of Japan, expanding the company’s commitment to Asia by identifying and overseeing new and dynamic business opportunities for Universal Music and its artists.
Said Ash: “Sandy is a highly regarded and successful executive in the Asian region who has achieved outstanding success and transformed Universal’s operations to make us the clear market leader. I am excited that Sandy will now be applying his immense knowledge and skills to expand our new business activities across the Asia Pacific region.”
Added Monteiro: "It is great to be given this role in an area of the business that is both strategic and expanding. I look forward to working closely with George and our companies to fulfill the potential of the region."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR