Universal Orlando Expands 'Harry Potter' Experience With Diagon Alley
Fans will be able to travel through new areas inspired by the beloved books and films.
Universal Orlando Resort will expand The Wizarding World of Harry Potter experience to include Diagon Alley starting in 2014. After touring Hogwarts and sampling butterbeer, guests will be able to hop aboard the Hogwarts Express and travel between "London" and Hogsmeade.
Universal will be working with Warner Bros. Entertainment to bring Diagon Alley to life, based on the experiences of the titular Harry Potter in the best-selling books and films. The new adventure will feature a marquee attraction based on Gringotts bank, as well as shops and restaurants.
"I'm so pleased that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has proved so popular to date, and I'm sure that the attention to detail in creating the new Diagon Alley area will make this an even better experience," said series author J.K. Rowling.
This new addition to the attraction will be the world's first multi-park experience. "London" and Diagon Alley will be located inside Universal Studios Florida theme park adjacent to where Hogsmeade and Hogwarts reside in Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade has attracted millions of fans since it has opened in 2010.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR