Universal Picks Up Pitch from 'Parks & Recreation' Actor
The actor will write the project, with Brian Grazer producing.
Universal Pictures has picked up No Hearts Club, a romantic comedy pitch from actor Ben Schwartz.
Schwartz, who is part of Showtime’s ensemble series House of Lies and recurs on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, will now write the project, which is being produced by Imagine’s Brian Grazer.
The logline is being kept under wraps but it is described as a rom-com from the male perspective.
Universal’s Maradith Frenkel will oversee the project for the studio. Imagine’s Kim Roth is exec producing.
Even though he’s enjoying a successful acting career, Schwartz has a thriving business as a writer. He previously sold a pitch to Universal with Imagine producing titled Would You Rather and his Soapdish remake El Feugo Caliente was on the 2011 Blacklist and is set up at Paramount. He also worked on the 84th Academy Awards. He has also penned three books.
Schwartz is repped by WME, Tom Sawyer Entertainment, and Ginsburg Daniels LLP.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR