Universal to Re-Release Original 'Jurassic Park'; Moves Tom Cruise's 'Oblivion' to April 26, 2013
The 3-D release of Steven Spielberg's 1993 adventure film hits theaters July 19, 2013, while "Oblivion" is moved up from July 10, 2013, to April 26.
Only days after Paramount relocated the Tom Cruise starrer One Shot from February 2013 to Dec. 21, Universal said that it will release its Cruise pic Oblivion on April 26, 2013, instead of July 10, 2013.
Universal also said that it is jumping into the rerelease game and that it will open the 3-D version of Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park on July 19, 2013, roughly the 20th anniversary of the film's original debut in theaters on June 11, 1993.
Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy) is directing Cruise in Oblivion, a fantasy about a former soldier who is the last person left on Earth after a war with an alien race. When he encounters a crashed spacecraft with a lone survivor, the two set off on an epic adventure.
Oblivion is based on the illustrated novel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)