Universal's Ron Meyer to Speak at UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television Commencement
Penelope Spheeris and Shirley Jo Finney to be presented with Distinguished Alumni Awards at the June 15 ceremony.
Ron Meyer, Universal president and COO, will be the commencement speaker at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television’s commencement ceremony on June 15 on the UCLA Campus.
Distinguished Alumni Awards also will be presented to director and screenwriter Penelope Spheeris for film and director/actor Shirley Jo Finney for theater.
The commencement ceremony, at which TFT Dean Teri Schwartz will preside, will be dedicated to TFT founding dean Gilbert Cates, who died in October.
“We are very honored and delighted to have Ron Meyer as our commencement speaker this year,” Schwartz said. “Ron is a leader of extraordinary skill and vision. His industry insights, experiences and values should be of enormous inspiration to our graduating students. He is one of the most respected and distinguished executives in the entertainment industry and we feel so fortunate that he will be with us on this very special day.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR