Universal’s ‘Battleship’ Deployed to Imax in China and Russia
The giant screen exhibitor will screen the Taylor Kitsch and Rihanna-starring tentpole in just over 100 overseas theaters from April 12.
TORONTO – The Universal Pictures tentpole Battleship has been super-sized to screen in over 100 Imax theaters internationally from April 12, including in China and Russia.
A digitally-remastered version of Universal’s high profile release has been made for the international roll-out, which comes one day before the domestic release on April 11.
Battleship, directed and produced by Peter Berg and based on the Hasbro board game, stars Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker, Asano Tadanobu and Liam Neeson.
"With Battleship, Imax audiences across the globe will feel like they are on these enormous ships with our international crew as they battle alien invaders," Universal Pictures chairman Adam Fogelson and co-chairman Donna Langley said in a joint statement on Tuesday.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David