Universal’s ‘Battleship’ Deployed to Imax in China and Russia
The giant screen exhibitor will screen the Taylor Kitsch and Rihanna-starring tentpole in just over 100 overseas theaters from April 12.
TORONTO – The Universal Pictures tentpole Battleship has been super-sized to screen in over 100 Imax theaters internationally from April 12, including in China and Russia.
A digitally-remastered version of Universal’s high profile release has been made for the international roll-out, which comes one day before the domestic release on April 11.
Battleship, directed and produced by Peter Berg and based on the Hasbro board game, stars Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker, Asano Tadanobu and Liam Neeson.
"With Battleship, Imax audiences across the globe will feel like they are on these enormous ships with our international crew as they battle alien invaders," Universal Pictures chairman Adam Fogelson and co-chairman Donna Langley said in a joint statement on Tuesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR