Universal's Doug Morris Gets Early Contract Release; Move to Sony is Imminent
The UMG chairman will be released from his contract on June 30, six months ahead of its original end date, says a source. An announcement from Sony Music is expected today.
Vivendi has signed off on a deal that lets Universal Music Group chairman Doug Morris out of his contract on June 30, six months ahead of its original expiration date at the end of this year, a source close to the situation tells Billboard.biz.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR