Universal's Doug Morris Gets Early Contract Release; Move to Sony is Imminent
10:32 AM PST 3/2/2011 by Ed Christman, Billboard.biz, Shirley Halperin
The UMG chairman will be released from his contract on June 30, six months ahead of its original end date, says a source. An announcement from Sony Music is expected today.
Vivendi has signed off on a deal that lets Universal Music Group chairman Doug Morris out of his contract on June 30, six months ahead of its original expiration date at the end of this year, a source close to the situation tells Billboard.biz.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!