Universal Taps Newcomer for 'Gauntlet' Writing Duties (Exclusive)
Sarah Rothschild is penning the script for the Scott Stuber-produced comedy based on a treatment by Dana Fox.
Sarah Rothschild has been tapped to write The Gauntlet, a romantic comedy that Scott Stuber and his Bluegrass Films banner are producing for Universal.
Based on an idea by Dana Fox, who wrote Universal’s comedy Couples Retreat and is also producing, Gauntlet centers on a woman fresh off a catastrophic breakup. When she meets a new guy who actually is a good catch, she must endure the overprotective nature of her friends and family.
Rothschild will work off a treatment written by Fox.
Universal vp production Kristin Lowe is overseeing the project for the studio.
The Baltimore-based Rothschild is a newcomer to the screenwriting field, and Gauntlet is her first gig. She wrote a semi-autobiographical spec titled The Dogwalker that garnered favorable attention from execs, leading to meetings and the Gauntlet gig.
She is repped by WME and Michelle Knudsen at MXN Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR