Universal's 'The Lorax' Drives Dr. Seuss Book Sales Higher Ahead of Release
Such classics as "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Cat in the Hat" have also risen on a list of best-selling books.
NEW YORK - Universal Pictures' animated Dr. Seuss' The Lorax is set to hit theaters on March 2, but anticipation and buzz have already driven sales of Dr. Seuss books higher, The New York Post reported.
The Lorax itself is number 59 on USA Today's latest list of best-selling books, up from the 171th rank that it held last week, the paper highlighted. But the positive effect on book sales doesn't seem to stop there as several other Dr. Seuss classics have also recorded gains.
Green Eggs and Ham has jumped from number 219 to 47 on the book sales list, while One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish has climbed to the 64th spot, up from 336, according to the Post. And The Cat in the Hat has risen from rank 392 to the number 93.
Lorax features the voices of Zac Efron, Taylor Swift and Danny DeVito.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR