Universum Takes Jason Statham-starrer 'Heat' for Germany
The action thriller from director Brian de Palma begins shooting in France late this year.
COLOGNE, Germany - Universum Film has taken German rights to Heat, Brian de Palma's action thriller which will star Jason Statham, from Sierra/Affinity.
The project, which Sierra/Affinity unveiled at the European Film in Berlin last month, is a new take on the Las Vegas-set crime story of the same name from 1986. The original starred Burt Reynolds. Two-time Oscar-winning screenwriter William Goldman (All the President's Men) who wrote the original film based on his novel of the same name, will revise his 1986 screenplay for the new feature.
Statham will play an ex-mercenary and recovering gambling addict who gets by as a bodyguard in a casino on the Vegas strip. When his ex-girlfriend Holly is raped and badly beaten by a mobster, he swears revenge.
Steven Chasman (Bank Job) is producing, together with Statham. Heat is set to begin shooting in France late this year.
Universum will release the film theatrically in Germany with sister company RTL taking TV rights in the territory.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR