Univision Adds Discovery CEO David Zaslav, Televisa Top Executive to Board
Jose Baston Patino, president of television and content for key Univision investor and content partner Grupo Televisa, will represent the Mexican broadcaster on the company's board.
Spanish-language media giant Univision Communications has added Discovery Communications CEO David Zaslav and Jose Baston Patino, president of television and content for key Univision investor and content partner Grupo Televisa, to its board.
“David’s years of success in building TV channels and Jose’s deep familiarity with Spanish-language media make them natural and valuable additions,” said Univision chairman Haim Saban. “We look forward to adding their perspectives to our diverse, robust team as we continue to focus on growing and strengthening Univision’s business to keep pace with the rapidly expanding U.S. Hispanic population.”
Former NBC veteran Zaslav has led Discovery as president and CEO since January 2007.
Patino has been in his Televisa post since December. 2008. He has also been a member of the Grupo Televisa board since April 1999 and is a member of its executive committee.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws