Univision Fourth-Quarter Revenue Rises
The Spanish-language media giant, led by CEO Randy Falco, posted revenue gains in its TV unit, but radio and online revenue declined.
Spanish-language media giant Univision Communications on Thursday reported improved fourth-quarter revenue and mixed profitability figures.
The company, led by CEO Randy Falco, posted quarterly earnings of $172.2 million, compared with a loss of $27.7 million in the year-ago quarter. But operating results, which exclude a tax provision benefit that boosted the latest quarter, swung to a $132.1 million loss from a year-ago operating profit of $176.6 million.
Adjusted operating income before depreciation and amortization, a measure of profitability that excludes some factors, rose 2.4 percent to $296.1 million.
Fourth-quarter revenue rose 3.6 percent to $696.2 million amid gains in the company's TV unit, which was partly offset by lower radio and online revenue.
"The fourth quarter capped off another year of revenue growth, positive momentum and transformation for Univision Communications," Falco said. "Overall, our financial performance and the operational milestones we achieved throughout the year are strong testaments to the success of our evolution and potential for continued growth in 2014."
Falco added: "As for our fourth-quarter ratings, the Univision Network out-delivered one or more of the top four English-language broadcast networks 69 percent of the nights in primetime among adults 18-34. UniMas attracted more viewers than the audiences of Azteca America, Estrella TV and MundoFox combined in 2013 across every daypart in key demographics. And Galavision preserved its leading position among all Spanish-language cable networks in total day for adults 18-49."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)