Upfronts 2012: Telemundo Ups Original Programming by 40 Percent
The Spanish-language network will also launch a rebranding campaign with new logo, tagline and on-air look this fall.
NEW YORK -- Telemundo will up its original programming slate by 40 percent in the 2012-13 season announcing six telenovelas, two daytime programs and a reality competition series Yo Me Llamo (My Name is), an adaptation of a Columbia reality series that has contestants competing to imitate their favorite pop star.
Telemundo, part of the NBCUniversal-Comcast networks, also announced that it will launch a rebranding campaign this fall with a new logo, tag line and on-air identity.
New original telenovelas include El Rostro de la Venganza (The Face of Revenge), El Señor de los Cielos (The Lord of the Heavens), La Patrona (The Patron), Pasión Prohibida (Forbidden Passion), Nace un Idolo (An Idol is Born) and Fina Estampa (Fine Pedigree).
Daytime programs are Cuauhtemoc, which will have motivational speaker and author Carlos Cuauhtémoc Sánchez counseling families and couples and daytime novella Virgen Morena (The Virgin of Guadalupe).
Last year, Telemundo and sister network mun2 recorded their best upfront season ever, adding more than 50 new advertisers for 20 percent growth in national ad revenue, according to the network. And executives are banking that the commitment to original programming will help the network – which lags behind top-rated Spanish-language broadcaster Univision – continue to make inroads with marketers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"