U.S. Buyers Back in Business at Cannes (Cannes)
11:30 AM PDT 5/13/2011 by Pamela McClintock, Scott Roxborough
Deals were few and far between for American companies in recent years with the exception of Sony Pictures Classics and IFC Films, which picked up finished titles.
CANNES -- U.S. buyers are aggressively hunting down deals on the Croisette, buoyed by box office hits like The King¹s Speech and Black Swan, movies made outside the Hollywood studio system.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile