U.S. Returns as Strategic Partners Focus
International producers at Canuck co-pro conference get another chance to snag Hollywood coin.
TORONTO -- The Canadian co-production conference Strategic Partners has chosen the U.S. and South Africa as focus countries for its summer gathering.
The U.S. was in the spotlight last year at the Halifax marketplace.
It turns out coin-starved international producers needing to fill out budgets for indie projects want to partner with Hollywood as never before.
"With shrinking budgets and the increased interest in coproduction and co-venture activity globally, it makes terrific sense to spotlight the remarkable indie talents in the U.S. and the up and coming screen industry in South Africa," Jan Miller, Strategic Partners director, explained.
Strategic Partners is set to run from Sept. 15 to 18 in Halifax, bridging the Toronto International Film Festival and the IFP Independent Filmmaker Project in New York City.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)