'Above Us Only Sky' Wins European Cinema Label Prize (Berlin)
Jan Schomburg's film awarded best feature in the Panorama section of the Berlin International Film Festival.
BERLIN -- Jan Schomburg's Above Us Only Sky has won the 2011 European Cinema Label prize for best feature running in the Panorama section of the Berlin International Film Festival.
The drama, which stars Sandra Huller as a woman who discovers the man she has lived with for years is not who she thought he was, will now receive promotion support from the European Cinemas network to aid its theatrical release across Europe.
European Cinemas presents a similar award at the Cannes, Venice and Karlovy Vary festivals.
The jury of four European exhibitors picked Above Us for what they called director Schomburg's "economical story-telling (and) humor alongside the strong emotions. We feel that audiences around Europe, like the press and public here in Berlin, will react positively to this intelligent and unpredictable examination of themes so common to all of us."
Bavaria Film International, which is handling international sales for Above Us reported strong interest in the title, with several major territory deals to be announced shortly.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty