'Above Us Only Sky' Wins European Cinema Label Prize (Berlin)
Jan Schomburg's film awarded best feature in the Panorama section of the Berlin International Film Festival.
BERLIN -- Jan Schomburg's Above Us Only Sky has won the 2011 European Cinema Label prize for best feature running in the Panorama section of the Berlin International Film Festival.
The drama, which stars Sandra Huller as a woman who discovers the man she has lived with for years is not who she thought he was, will now receive promotion support from the European Cinemas network to aid its theatrical release across Europe.
European Cinemas presents a similar award at the Cannes, Venice and Karlovy Vary festivals.
The jury of four European exhibitors picked Above Us for what they called director Schomburg's "economical story-telling (and) humor alongside the strong emotions. We feel that audiences around Europe, like the press and public here in Berlin, will react positively to this intelligent and unpredictable examination of themes so common to all of us."
Bavaria Film International, which is handling international sales for Above Us reported strong interest in the title, with several major territory deals to be announced shortly.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing