U.S. Version Of Reality TV Show 'Don’t Tell The Bride' to Air on BBC
BBC Three says yes to series that sees bridegrooms organize entire weddings without the Bride’s input.
LONDON – The BBC has sealed a deal to bring the U.S. version of international reality format show Don’t Tell The Bride to U.K. viewers.
The deal, brokered by TV sales and distribution banner DRG, will see Don’t Tell the Bride USA, produced by Shed Media US and Renegade Pictures for OWN (USA) roll out in the U.K. on BBC Three, part of the Beeb’s digital bouquet of channels.
British TV channel Really has also snapped up the U.S. version of the show that sees a bridegroom organize a wedding without the bride having any say, input or knowledge of what he’s doing, along with the fourth season from the U.K.
DRG also brokered deals for the U.S. version with Lei in Italy, The Living Channel in New Zealand, Finnish channel Liv and XYZ Networks’ Lifestyle You Channel in Australia.
The fifth season of Don’t Tell the Bride U.K. scored the highest ratings for the the program so far averaging 1.2 million viewers per episode here.
Deals for the fifth British season have also been sealed with the broadcaster that bought the U.S. version.
And not to be outdone, the first two seasons of Don’t Tell the Bride Ireland, produced by Coco TV for RTE, have been acquired by Really in the U.K. and the Living Channel in New Zealand.
DRG svp, international sales Patrick Roberts said: “It is a key part of our sales strategy to distribute the international Brides and bringing the U.S. version back to the U.K. is a real coup and testament to the quality of the series.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!