USA Co-President Jeff Wachtel Buys $3.9 Million Studio City House (Exclusive)
The deal for the six-bedroom residence closed June 19.
USA Network co-president Jeff Wachtel has purchased a Studio City residence for $3.92 million. The deal for the six-bedroom home closed on June 19.
The 6,477-square-foot traditional house, which was built in 1941, is located in Fryman Canyon, the tony section of Studio City where George Clooney resides and Gene Autry once lived.
The residence, which is situated on a little more than an acre, includes a home theater room, library and a master suite with separate dressing areas. The property also features a tennis court, swimming pool and expansive lawn.
Fryman Canyon is known for its tree-lined streets, larger lots and immediate access to nearby hiking trails that lead into the Santa Monica Mountains.
According to Trulia, a residential real estate information company, in the 91604 ZIP code that includes Fryman Canyon and other parts of Studio City, 101 houses sold in July -- up slightly from 99 sold in July 2011. The median sale price for the area was $672,000 in July, up 3 percent from a year earlier when it was $650,000.
Television series launched under Wachtel, who also is co-head of content for Universal Cable Productions, include Burn Notice, Royal Pains and White Collar.
Listing agent Deedee Howard of The Agency declined to comment. Melanie Sommers of Partners Trust, who represented Wachtel, also declined to comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR