USA Network Teams With Ridley and Tony Scott
Eight short films, including one directed by documentary filmmaker R.J. Cutler, will be showcased.
USA Network is teaming up with Ridley and Tony Scott’s RSA Films to launch a series of short films for its Character Project.
Eight filmmakers, including Oscar-nominated filmmaker R.J. Cutler, have created films that explore the theme of American character.
“The beauty of independent film is that it offers the opportunity to tell stories with both personal significance and universal resonance,” said Alexandra Shapiro, senior vice president, brand marketing & digital, USA Network. “Through the Character Project short films we celebrate not only the unique perspectives of the filmmakers and characters, but the American experience in all its richness and diversity.”
The network will debut a digital microsite on May 13, which will feature directors’ cuts of each film, commentary and behind-the-scenes interviews and footage, in addition to other material.
The eight films that will be showcased are: Duck, a live-action narrative by Syrup founder Jakob Daschek; Fish, a documentary by Cutler; Love Without Regret, an animated short film by boolab’s Tomas Pena; Monster Slayer, a live-action/animation hybrid by Caskey Ebeling; Perfect by Amie Steir; The Dude, a documentary by Jeff Feuerzeig; The Fickle by Bryan Poyser; and Lauri Faggioni’s Wyckoff Place.
The films will be shown in screening pods in select markets.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws