USA Tops NBC Early in Fall TV Season
The NBCUniversal cable network beat out its broadcast sibling in Monday's ratings, the first time this has happened this early in a TV season.
NEW YORK - NBCUniversal cable network powerhouse USA beat broadcast sibling NBC in the ratings Monday night, the first time this has happened this early in a TV season, the New York Post reported.
The paper highlighted that USA has in the past outperformed NBC only during the summer months and mainly in certain time slots rather than for the whole night.
The performance is evidence of the continued strength of USA under Bonnie Hammer, chairman, cable entertainment and cable studios at NBCUniversal, and her team and the latest sign that the turnaround of NBC under Bob Greenblatt will take time.
NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke and Brian Roberts, head of the entertainment company's majority owner Comcast, have repeatedly said that it may take years for NBC to right its ship.
“It is really unusual this early in the broadcast season,” said Brad Adgate, research head at advertising firm Horizon Media about the USA and NBC ratings for Monday. “It hearkens back to what [former NBCUniversal CEO] Jeff Zucker said that USA is more valuable than NBC.”
USA, the No. 1 cable entertainment network, beat NBC on Monday with repeats of crime series NCIS and wrestling show WWE Raw, drawing 4.3 million viewers, compared with NBC’s 3.87 million for The Sing Off and repeats of Prime Suspect. TV ratings blog TVbyTheNumbers first mentioned the win.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)