Usher Talks to Oprah About Infidelity, Divorce, Custody Battle (Video)
"I was faithful at heart, but not faithful all the way," the singer said during the interview, which aired on Sunday.
On Sunday night, Usher opened up to Oprah Winfrey about his ongoing custody battle and divorce on the latest installment of Oprah's Next Chapter.
The singer, who has been entangled in a heated custody battle with ex-wife Tameka Foster, told Oprah that they “don't see eye-to-eye.”
“She made us enemies in a way that I could never understood. It wasn't until I was on the stand, where I cried, when I realized, 'Oh, this is an attack,’” he said.
The battle for custody over sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 3, reached a resolution last month when Usher was awarded primary custody.
Usher emphasized that this was the first time he had spoken publicly about the custody fight.
"I've been a man of integrity throughout the entire process, which I hope my boys will understand. That's the way to go. That's the way to be,” he said.
Oprah visited the 33-year-old singer at his Alpharetta, Georgia, home during the interview.
When asked if he was faithful during their two-year marriage, Usher said he found himself “lost” towards the end.
“I just wanted out," he said. "No. I was faithful at heart, but not faithful all the way. Even having a conversation with another woman, period, about matters of your relationship or emotions is, in my opinion, not being faithful."
Watch a clip from the interview below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR