Usher, Spike Lee Among Latest Performers and Presenters for Rock Hall Ceremony
John Fogerty, Jackson Browne, Carole King, Mike McCready and Jerry Cantrell also are among the latest crop of players set for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction gala April 18.
Rookie The Voice coach Usher, California rock veterans John Fogerty and Jackson Browne and two-time Oscar nominee Spike Lee are among the latest acts confirmed as performers or presenters at next month’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Rock Hall said Tuesday that Usher will perform songs associated with inductee Quincy Jones during the April 18 ceremony at the Nokia Theatre, Fogerty and Browne will play with Randy Newman, and Lee and two-time Grammy winner Harry Belafonte will induct Public Enemy.
Also announced Tuesday: Cheech and Chong will present inductee Lou Adler, who discovered the red-eyed comedy duo at the Troubadour in West Hollywood and later directed their first movie, the stoner classic Up in Smoke. Carole King will perform for Adler. And guitarists Mike McCready of Pearl Jam and Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains will perform with fellow Seattle-based band Heart.
Led by sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson, Heart is among the four acts in the Rock Hall Class of 2013 that will perform at the event, along with Newman, Public Enemy and Rush. Also being honored at the 28th annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony are blues guitar legend Albert King and disco queen Donna Summer.
As announced in January, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters will present Rush; John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. will perform for King, with Mayer giving the speech; Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson will perform in honor of Summer; and Don Henley will induct Newman.
More performers and presented will be announced in the coming weeks.
The hall also announced Wednesday that Harman’s JBL will be the event’s presenting sponsor and the Brennan Rock and Roll Academy will be an event sponsor. Public tickets for the ceremony are sold out, but a limited quantity of special benefit-level tickets and tables are available for purchase through LPA & Associates.
HBO will televise the induction ceremony May 18.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack