Usher’s Stepson Dies After Jet Ski Accident Earlier This Month
Eleven-year-old Kile Glover was declared brain dead after receiving injuries July 8.
Less than two weeks after being injured in a jet ski accident, Usher’s 11-year-old stepson has died.
Doctors determined Kile Glover would not recover and he was taken off life support, TMZ reports. His mother was unable to pay for his continued medical care, after the family’s insurance coverage expired.
Kile had been declared brain dead since the July 8 accident, in which a family friend allegedly hit the boy with a personal watercraft while Kile and a 15-year-old friend floated in an inner tube. Jeffrey Hubbard, 38, was determined by authorities to have been the one to hit the youths on Georgia's Lake Lanier.
"Basically, a pontoon was pulling two juveniles on an inner tube, and the watercraft ran over the top of them," a Georgia official said after the accident.
Kile’s mother, Tameka Foster, was married to Usher 2007-2009, and had two son with him. In the wake of the accident, the singer moved to settle a custody battle with Foster for their sons. Last week, the singer reportedly offered his ex-wife generous terms, in consideration for her suffering over Kile’s tragic accident.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR