UTA Promotes Book Department Co-Head to Partner
Kassie Evashevski has a client list that includes "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer and Salman Rushdie.
UTA has promoted Kassie Evashevski, its book department co-head, to partner.
Evashevski is a lit agent who has been with the agency since 2007. Among her clients are Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, Wally Lamb (I Know This Much to Be True), Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat Pray Love), Salman Rushdie, Christopher Paolini, Jonathan Tropper, Dave Pilkey, John Hodgman, John Green, Ree Drummond and Yellow Bird Productions.
She runs the UTA’s book vision with longtime UTA partner Howard Sanders, repping film, TV and digital rights for authors and journalists.
“Kassie is an exceptional agent whose taste and intelligence in representing authors and artists have helped to make our books and rights practice second to none,” said David Kramer, UTA’s managing director and head of motion picture lit. “Her partner promotion reflects her invaluable contributions to the agency over the years and the important role she will continue to play in our success.”
Before joining UTA, Evashevski was a manager at Brillstein Entertainment, where she worked for 10 years. Prior to that, she worked at New York-based agency Writers House and Random House.
UTA sees the move as part of its continued growth. It is the first major promotion since the agency moved into its new headquarters in Beverly Hills.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR