UTA Signs ‘Perks of Being a Wallflower’ Actor Nicholas Braun (Exclusive)
The up-and-comer has several features set for release over the next year, including Fox’s “Poltergeist” remake.
UTA has landed rising star Nicholas Braun, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Braun, who attracted notice as Ponytail Derek in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, will soon be seen in a wide variety of releases. First up is Lionsgate’s Valentine’s Day offering Date and Switch, starring Braun and newcomer Hunter Cope as best friends whose virginity-losing pact encounters a twist when one of them comes out as gay. The comedy co-stars Nick Offerman as Braun’s father and Fifty Shades of Grey’s Dakota Johnson as his love interest.
Braun also recently wrapped Sony’s horror comedy Kitchen Sink, where he stars with Vanessa Hudgens, Ed Westwick and Mackenzie Davis as a teen trying to battle an alien invasion alongside vampires and zombies. The film is scheduled for a January 2015 release, one month before Fox’s reimagined Poltergeist, which features Braun alongside Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt.
Braun’s screen credits include The Watch and Kevin Smith’s Red State. He continues to be repped by attorney Jamie Mandelbaum at Jackoway Tyerman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)