UTA Ups Mike Jelline to Co-Head of TV Talent
The longtime agent, whose clients include Aaron Paul, Becki Newton and "Homeland's" Morena Baccarin, will oversee the department's day-to-day operations with New York-based Nancy Gates.
UTA’s Mike Jelline is set to co-run the agency’s television talent department.
The well-liked agent, who joined UTA in 2011, will join co-head Nancy Gates in overseeing the day-to-day operations. Gates will remain in the agency’s New York office, while Jelline is based in UTA’s newly opened Beverly Hills space.
“Mike has been an outstanding addition to the UTA team over the past year, and we believe that Mike and Nancy will make an unbeatable team in continuing to build the department and to provide outstanding opportunities to artists working in television,” said UTA Managing Director Jay Sures. Ruthanne Secunda, who had been co-running the department with Gates, will shift her responsibilities to focus her attention on client representation.
Prior to joining UTA, Jelline was a 12-year veteran of ICM, where he ran the agency’s TV talent department ICM from 2007 to 2011. Among the clients on his growing roster: Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul and Anna Gunn, Suburgatory’s Jeremy Sisto, Homeland’s Morena Baccarin, Goodwin Games’ Becki Newton, Made in Jersey’s Janet Montgomery, Vegas’ Jason O’Mara and Save Me’s Anne Heche.
The Portland, Ore. native, who got his start as an assistant to veteran agents Nancy Josephson and Risa Shaprio, graced The Hollywood Reporter's Next Generation list in 2006.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!