Utah Theater Fined For Serving Beer While Showing ‘The Hangover Part II’
The state’s liquor board says the film’s male, female and transvestite nudity puts the theater under the same regulations that control strip clubs.
A Salt Lake City movie theater is in trouble with Utah's state liquor board after serving alcohol during a screening of The Hangover Part II.
Brewvies Cinema Pub regularly serves beer during movies, but because of the female, male and transvestite nudity in The Hangover Part II, it falls under the same laws that regulate strip clubs, the Associated Press reports. Current state laws prohibit the sale of alcohol in clubs that feature fully nude dancing.
The board also took offense to a scene of a monkey simulating a sex act.
The theater will have to pay a fine of more than $1600, but the director of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Francine Giani says she will recommend the fines be lowered for future transgressions.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)