Utah Theater Fined For Serving Beer While Showing ‘The Hangover Part II’
The state’s liquor board says the film’s male, female and transvestite nudity puts the theater under the same regulations that control strip clubs.
A Salt Lake City movie theater is in trouble with Utah's state liquor board after serving alcohol during a screening of The Hangover Part II.
Brewvies Cinema Pub regularly serves beer during movies, but because of the female, male and transvestite nudity in The Hangover Part II, it falls under the same laws that regulate strip clubs, the Associated Press reports. Current state laws prohibit the sale of alcohol in clubs that feature fully nude dancing.
The board also took offense to a scene of a monkey simulating a sex act.
The theater will have to pay a fine of more than $1600, but the director of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Francine Giani says she will recommend the fines be lowered for future transgressions.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR