UTV To Launch Bollywood Entertainment Channel
UTV Stars is the first of three proposed channels from conglomerate UTV's broadcasting unit.
NEW DELHI -- UTV Entertainment Television Ltd (UETL), the broadcasting arm of media conglomerate UTV is planning to launch Bollywood entertainment channel UTV Stars in early August.
Targeting the youth audience, UTV Stars is also expected to draw synergies from UTV's film business given the group's banner UTV Motion Pictures has delivered major hits in recent years such as current cult youth hit title Delhi Belly.
UTV Stars will be headed by Nikhil Gandhi who was business head for UTV's youth channel UTV Bindass.
Announcing Gandhi's appointment, UETL CEO M K Anand said, “With Nikhil's understanding of the youth genre and his very dependable execution skills, we are confident that UTV Stars is in very capable hands.”
Before joining UTV, Gandhi's earlier appointments included MTV Networks India and youth entertainment channel Zoom, owned by the Times of India newspaper group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)