Valerie Harper Diagnosed With Brain Cancer
Doctors told the "Rhoda" star she has just several months to live.
Valerie Harper says she has incurable brain cancer and just several months to live, People magazine reports.
The TV legend, who portrayed the popular character Rhoda Morgenstern in the classic sitcoms The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda, received the diagnosis on Jan. 15, with doctors telling Harper that she has as little as three months left. Harper is suffering from leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a terminal condition where cancer cells spread into the membrane surrounding the brain.
"I don't think of dying," the 73-year-old actress tells People. "I think of being here now."
In 2009, Harper conquered lung cancer.
"I'm well past my expiration date already," she says. "I've a good run, what more can I ask for?"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack