Vampire Weekend, Steve Buscemi Teaming Up for New York City Concert
Set for late April at Roseland Ballroom, the show will help close down the Tribeca Film Festival and be streamed live online.
Looks like Steve Buscemi's Easter Day Parade march with Vampire Weekend was more than just a pair of blood-sharing artists jubilantly celebrating the holiday in the streets of New York City.
Turns out, there's a business angle to it, as well.
American Express announced on Tuesday that the Golden Globe-winning Boardwalk Empire star will direct the live stream of the band's April 28 concert at Roseland Ballroom in NYC. The event will will help close the Tribeca Film Festival while kicking off the financial titan's fourth year of displaying its public devotion to giving voice to independent musicians in an era of corporate-dominated airwaves.
The concert, officially part of the "American Express Unstaged" series, comes ahead of Vampire Weekend's third album, Modern Vampires of the City, which is scheduled to be released on May 14. The concert will be live streamed on Vevo and www.amexunstaged.com.
Buscemi and the Columbia University-founded band marched with a festive sign in the Easter Bonnet Parade, a head-scratching appearance that occurred days after the group tweeted, "Chris Baio has been working on a family tree for months and just discovered he is a distant cousin of actor Steve Buscemi" and promised "Showbiz synergy."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)