Van Damme Does Splits Between Two Trucks in Startling Ad (Video)
The action star shows off his signature move in a surprising commercial for the automaker's dynamic steering.
Jean-Claude Van Damme is still putting his martial arts mastery to good use.
In a new Volvo commercial, the action star performs – as he says in a voiceover – "the most epic of splits." The ad starts with a close up on Van Damme's face, and as the camera pulls away, it's revealed he's balancing between two trucks. Soon enough, the trucks drift apart, until Van Damme is doing the splits between them.
"I've had my ups and downs. My fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds. That's what made me what I am today," Van Damme says in the voiceover. "Now I stand here before you. What you see is a body crafted to perfection. A pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physics and a mindset to master the most epic of splits."
The ad was filmed in Spain at sunrise on a closed-off landing field. It was done in just one take, and is meant to show off "the precision and directional stability of Volvo Dynamic Steering," according to the company.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR