Family of 3 Killed En Route to Van Halen Concert
Felipe Antonio Garcia, his two sons and girlfriend were traveling to Dallas for the rock band's June 20 show at American Airlines Center.
A three-car crash last week in Lavaca County, Texas killed a family of three who were headed to Dallas for a Van Halen concert at American Airlines Center on June 20.
Texas newspaper The Victoria Advocate reports that Brownsville resident Felipe Antonio Garcia, 39, and his two children -- Brandon Michael Garcia, 9, and Anthony Cesar Garcia, 10 -- along with girlfriend Christine Salazar, 42, of McAllen (some 550 miles south of Dallas) were traveling north on U.S. Highway 77 near Hallettsville when Garcia lost control of his 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac on the wet road and crossed into the southbound lane.
The car was then hit by a tractor-trailer truck that jack-knifed into the northbound lane and struck a 2007 Honda CRV, according to a report by the Texas Department of Public Safety. The truck driver and occupants of the CRV were treated for minor injuries at a local hospital.
DPS spokesperson Gerald Bryant said family members confirmed the Garcia group's concert plans. According to reports, Garcia was a former U.S. Marine and a staff sergeant in the National Guard.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game