Vandervoort, Cassidy in CW dramas
Canadian actress Laura Vandervoort has landed the coveted role of Kara/Supergirl on the CW's "Smallville," and Katie Cassidy has been added to "Smallville's" companion series, "Supernatural."
Kara/Supergirl (Vandervoort) will have a major presence on "Smallville" in the coming season. The character will be introduced in the show's seventh-season premiere.
Cassidy's character Ruby also will make first appearance on "Supernatural's" third season premiere. Ruby is a fellow demon hunter that Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles) meet when they begin searching for the masses of demons who escaped from hell in the Season 2 finale.
Vandervoort is repped by Noble Caplan Abrams in Toronto and Anthem Entertainment.
Cassidy, daughter of '70s pop star David Cassidy, has appeared in such features as "Click," "When a Stranger Calls" and "Black Christmas." She also has been signed to play Lucy Ewing in the upcoming big-screen adaptation of the hit TV series "Dallas." On TV, she had a recurring role on "7th Heaven."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10