Vanessa Hudgens, Brendan Fraser to Star in Indie Drama 'Gimme Shelter' (Exclusive)
Ron Krauss is writing and directing the film, which is eyeing an end of May production start.
Vanessa Hudgens is in final negotiations to star in Gimme Shelter, an indie drama that will also star Brendan Fraser. Ron Krauss is writing and directing the pic, which is eyeing an end of May start in Connecticut.
The script centers on a pregnant, homeless teen, to be played by Hudgens, who flees her abusive mother and seeks out her biological father. He first takes her in but then throws her out when she refuses to abort her child. Fraser is the girl’s dad, who fathered her as a result of a youthful fling.
Producing are Kraus, Jeff Rice and Dama Claire.
Shelter continues Hudgens’ efforts to move beyond her past teen-queen image. She came into the public’s eye with Disney’s High School Musical movies before moving to Zack Snyder’s ensemble fantasy Sucker Punch, and she has New Line’s family adventure movie Journey 2: The Mysterious Island opening in September. Shelter will be her first purely dramatic feature role.
Fraser, who coincidentally starred in the first Journey to the Center of the Earth film, was last seen in Furry Vengeance.
Hudgens is repped by CAA and Untitled. Fraser is repped by CAA and Brillstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws