Woman Dies After Collapsing at Vans Warped Tour in Toronto
After witnesses spotted her lying on the grass, they reportedly administered CPR, and she was rushed to a local hospital.
TORONTO -- A young woman died after collapsing Sunday at the Toronto stop of Vans Warped Tour, held at The Flats @ Molson Amphitheatre.
News reports estimate that she collapsed near the stage at around 12:40 p.m. Doors had opened at noon.
The Toronto Star reported that Emergency Medical Services personnel relayed that people saw the woman lying on the grass without vital signs and called 911. CPR was administered by witnesses, implying more than one person tried the life-saving measure, but were unable to revive her.
An ambulance was called and started advance life support, as she was rushed to Toronto Western Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The Star listed her age as "early 20s," while CP24 said she was 19. Her name has not been released, nor has the cause of death.
Concertgoers were cleared from the site after, unrelated to the incident. A severe thunderstorm hit the area and ticket holders were allowed to take shelter under the Molson Amphitheatre roof.
The Flats @ Molson Amphitheatre is located just steps from the Live Nation shed on the shores of Lake Ontario.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR