Venice 2012: Annapurna Picks Up James Franco Movie 'Spring Breakers'
Film, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez and Ashley Benson, revolves around college students who rob a restaurant to fund their vacation.
Megan Ellison's Annapurna has picked up U.S. Distribution rights to Harmony Korine's Spring Breakers, starring James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson, which had its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
The film revolves around a group of female college students who rob a restaurant in order to fund their Spring Break vacation, eventually landing in jail and becoming involved with a drug dealer (Franco).
Annapurna will partner with a domestic distributor at a later date. The company helped finance and produce Lawless, the Prohibition crime drama that is currently in theatres
Annapurna’s Megan Ellison will now come on board as exec producer.
After premiering in Venice, Breakers is moving on to Toronto, where it was have its North American premiere Friday as part of TIFF.
The deal was brokered by CAA and Ted Field of Radar Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR