Venice Film Fest Announces 2014 Dates
The 71st edition of the historic event will take place Aug. 27-Sept. 6, 2014.
ROME – The 71st edition of the Venice Film Festival will take place August 27-Sept. 6, 2014, festival officials said Tuesday, while revealing that this year’s edition of the world’s oldest film festival saw a 20 percent increase in attendance compared to the previous year.
Officials also said that the Darsena, one the Venice’s principal venues, will see an increase in seating next year, with 110 new seats added to bring the total number of seats in the facility to 1,409.
Though the Toronto Film Festival has not yet announced the dates for its next edition, Venice’s dates mean the two iconic events are likely to overlap again in 2014. Traditionally, Toronto gets underway midway through the second week of the festival in Venice.Next year’s event will be the third under the artistic direction of Alberto Barbera. Paolo Baratta will be back as president of the Venice Biennale for the seventh consecutive year. The 70th edition of the Venice Festival concluded Sept. 7, with the top prize going to Gianfranco Rosi’s Sacro GRA, the first time a documentary ever won the festival’s top prize.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws