Ventana Sur: CinemaChile Brings First 3D Local Productions to the Table
Soccer documentary and a fantasy thriller add to Chile’s extensive film catalog in the Buenos Aires-based market.
BUENOS AIRES – Promotion agency CinemaChile is bringing Chile’s first ever 3D productions to the Buenos Aires-based Ventana Sur film market: Hernan Caffiero’s soccer documentary El sueño de todos and Jorge Olguin’s Gritos del Bosque
Produced by local company Tridi, El sueño de todos ("Everyone's Dream") follows Chile’s national team on its path to the 2014 World Cup, which has its final draw tomorrow in Brazil. The film’s narrative structure is two-lined: the drama-filled story of the team’s performance at the playoffs – including a huge loss against Peru, and former coach Claudio Borghi’s exit – complements with a focus on the life of current coach Jorge Sampaoli, the director told The Hollywood Reporter.
Caffiero, who cites Douglas Gordon and Philippe Parreno’s Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait as the film’s mail reference, used 15 HD cameras to shoot the games, the players, the crew, and the public. The result is a film that features huge soccer stars such as Lionel Messi, Sergio Agüero, and Radamel Falcao playing in 3D for the first time, an enticing market appeal of the film, which is now hunting for a sales agent in view of a definitive market release next year in Berlinale.
“The reason these are the first 3D Chilean films is that basically no one in the country knew how to make one, until know”, says Vallejo, who trained in New York under Robert Luttrell at HeavyLight.
Caffiero was also involved in the technical aspects of 3D filmmaking in Jorge Olguin’s sci-fi thriller Gritos del Bosque, a story about an American geologist and an engineer who hire two native sisters to guide them through their research of a deserted forest inhabited by old spirits of mapuche worriers, who will fight back against the intruders.
Ventana Sur market runs Dec. 3-6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game