EXCLUSIVE: Vera Wang: I Want to Be a Filmmaker
"I think in our fashion shows, we always try to tell a story, even though it’s nine or 10 minutes, and to take it to another level with 3-dimension or 4-dimension is kinda groovy," she tells THR.
Fashion designer Vera Wang wants to get into filmmaking.
"I’m getting ready maybe to make an independent film myself. I’m thinking of maybe picking up a camera [and directing]," Wang told The Hollywood Reporter at the MOCA event in L.A. on Saturday.
"I love stories. I love stories about love, about anger, about emotion, about complexity. It might involve fashion, it’s still visual," Wang says.
Why delve into the business?
"Because I can, because I think it's a great time," Wang said. "I think in our fashion shows, we always try to tell a story even though it’s nine or 10 minutes, and to take it to another level with 3 dimension or 4 dimension is kinda groovy."
"I love stories. I love stories about love, about anger, about emotion, about complexity. It might involve fashion, it’s still visual," Wang went on.
She would also style the movie: "Probably if I make a film, I would use my own clothes."
Wang has made TV appearances on Ugly Betty, The Apprentice and Project Runway.
-- Becky White contributed to this report.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack