Verizon's FiOS TV Subscriber Growth Slows in First Quarter
The pay TV service added 180,000 users to end March with 4.4 million.
Telecom giant Verizon Communications added 180,000 FiOS TV subscribers in the first quarter, slightly less than the 192,000 it had signed up in the year-ago period.
Verizon ended the quarter with 4.4 million total users of its FiOS video service, which competes with cable and satellite TV operators. The company also reached 5 million FiOS Internet subscribers by adding 193,000 in the period ended March 31.
"We produced another strong quarter of FiOS growth," said Verizon chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam.
Verizon's earnings for the first quarter jumped 19.7 percent to $3.9 billion on a 4.6 percent revenue gain to $28.2 billion. The earnings report kicked off first-quarter reporting season for pay TV companies.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR