Verizon Pay TV Sub Growth Accelerates in Third Quarter
The telecom giant signed up 135,000 FiOS pay TV customers, more than in the year-ago period.
Telecom giant Verizon Communications said Thursday that its FiOS TV service signed up 135,000 net new pay TV subscribers during the third quarter.
That compared with the 119,000 costumers that the company had added in the year-ago period and the 131,000 in the comparable quarter of 2011.
As of the end of September, FiOS TV had 5.2 million total subscribers, up from 5 million at of the end of June. The service competes with cable and satellite TV operators.
Verizon's results report on Thursday kicked off the third-quarter earnings season for pay TV companies.
Verizon also added 173,000 net new FiOS broadband subscribers in the latest period quarter. That brought its total to 5.9 million.
Verizon on Thursday also posted adjusted quarterly earnings of 77 cents per share. That was up from the 64 cents in the year-ago period. Revenue rose 4.4 percent to $30.3 billion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR