Verve Music Group Appoints Robert Smith as General Manager
The veteran A&R executive, who held previous stints at Concord Music Group and Geffen Records, will report to label chairman David Foster.
Verve Music Group today announced the appointment of Robert Smith the general manager. Smith will report to Verve chairman and veteran producer David Foster.
In his new role, Smith will be in charge of all operations at the Universal Music Group label, overseeing marketing, promotional, digital and social media initiatives and outreach toward Verve's adult-oriented audience. Smith formerly held the position of SVP, A&R at Concord Music Group, and has also worked at Nomadic Music and Geffen Records.
"As we continue to expand Verve into the adult contemporary and pop music markets, Robert is the perfect choice to oversee our day-to-day operations," said Foster in a statement. "He possesses a real track record of success and his marketing talents are among the most innovative and forward thinking in the industry."
Verve is focusing on adult, pop and jazz, with artists such as Trombone Shorty and Jamie Cullum and the catalogs of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong in its coffers. Smith will be helping the label release new albums by Diana Krall, Rufus Wainwright, Elton John and Melody Gardot, as well as a holiday album from Rod Stewart.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR