Veteran Hollywood Publicist Sandra Dorfman Dies at 74
She worked at Hanson & Schwam Public Relations since 1989.
Veteran Hollywood publicist Sandra Dorfman died Thursday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles following complications from recent surgery. She was 74.
Dorfman was the longtime administration manager for Hanson & Schwam Public Relations and the sister of Warner Bros. awards consultant Judi Schwam-Yedor.
She began her career as a junior publicist with w.k. special events and press junket producer Buddy Goldberg. Fifteen years later, she joined Hanson & Schwam in 1989 as PR assistant to the agency’s literary department head, Lawrence Alexander, and continued at the Beverly Hills firm until her death.
Dorfman also is survived by her 100-year-old mother, Shirley Rodos; her niece, TV producer Stephanie Schwam-Adams; her great niece Anabel; her nephew, music producer Tim Adams; and her former brother-in-law Gene Schwam, president and co-founder of Hanson & Schwam.
Services will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Small Sanctuary at Hillside Memorial Park and Mortuary in Los Angeles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws