Vevo Gears Up for International Expansion, Hires Nic Jones as Senior VP
The major label-owned video hub celebrates its two-year anniversary in December.
Vevo is gearing up for an international expansion with the hiring of a senior VP of International.
Taking on the role is Nic Jones, a digital media sales vet who most recently was chief digital officer for Starcom MediaVest. Previously, he held stints at MSN in Australia and Yahoo and was Digital Chairman of The Media Federation of Australia. Jones will be based in London.
Vevo is the music video hub owned in part by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment. It expanded service to the UK this past April, and has long eyed a broader international role. Jones' job will be to focus on landing the sponsors and advertisers to make that happen. Separately, Vevo will have to endure the painstaking process of negotiating territory-by-territory licenses required.
The company's two-year anniversary is approaching in December.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!