Vevo Gears Up for International Expansion, Hires Nic Jones as Senior VP
The major label-owned video hub celebrates its two-year anniversary in December.
Vevo is gearing up for an international expansion with the hiring of a senior VP of International.
Taking on the role is Nic Jones, a digital media sales vet who most recently was chief digital officer for Starcom MediaVest. Previously, he held stints at MSN in Australia and Yahoo and was Digital Chairman of The Media Federation of Australia. Jones will be based in London.
Vevo is the music video hub owned in part by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment. It expanded service to the UK this past April, and has long eyed a broader international role. Jones' job will be to focus on landing the sponsors and advertisers to make that happen. Separately, Vevo will have to endure the painstaking process of negotiating territory-by-territory licenses required.
The company's two-year anniversary is approaching in December.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR