Vevo Launches in Australia, New Zealand
The online music video platform has partnered with MCM Media as it moves into its latest international territory.
LONDON - Premium online music video platform Vevo has launched in Australia and New Zealand in an exclusive partnership with MCM Media, which produces premium entertainment content for radio, TV, digital and events.
Vevo is a joint venture of Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and Abu Dhabi Media with EMI also licensing its content to the firm.
Ranked by Web traffic measurement firm comScore as the top online music platform in the U.S. and U.K., Vevo said it currently generates over 3.3 billion video streams worldwide each month. It is also already available in Canada. In addition to its own site, Vevo's music videos are syndicated on Facebook and YouTube.
Nic Jones, Vevo's international senior vp, said MCM Media was the logical partner for the latest international expansion step. “MCM Media has spent three years building the premium online video market within Australia, working with the record labels and advertisers - and we wanted their expertise to ensure the Vevo Australia experience is the best it can be,” Jones said.
Advertisers will be able to work with Vevo as part of MCM Media’s Digital Entertainment Network, an ad-supported online video platform focused on quality music and entertainment. The network is syndicated across 55 entertainment sites and drew more than 68 million video and audio streams in 2011. Vevo generates more than 40 million streams per month within its YouTube syndication platform alone, the firm said.
"Vevo’s debut marks the moment we turn music up in Australia – giving audiences a superior viewing experience whilst maximizing brands’ access to one of the most powerful premium video advertising platforms in the world," said MCM Media CEO Simon Joyce.
Australians can now connect to the site at vevo.com and through free mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone 7. Vevo on Xbox will be available by the end of the month, the company said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty