Vevo Taps Editorial Director to Boost News and Voice
UPDATED: The music video site has hired journalist Jim Macnie, who previously served as managing editor of VH1.com
Online music video platform Vevo announced veteran writer Jim Macnie has joined the site as its new editorial director.
The recently created position, reporting directly to vice president of original content and programming Scott Reich, will find Mancie creating and maintaining a consistent voice for the brand's many platforms as it attempts to bolster news and editorial features.
Macnie comes to Vevo after almost 10 years as managing editor of VH1.com. There, he oversaw all editorial content on the portal, including various sub-sites and blogs. Prior to that, he wrote for publications such as The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, Elle and The Village Voice.
"I'm thrilled we were able to snag such a well-respected journalist like Jim," Reich says. "He is a very experienced pop culture writer who also knows how to run the editorial operations of a leading digital entertainment platform. Jim is a very exciting hire for VEVO as we look to add more news, features and written context around our programming."
Vevo, which saw its monthly unique users top 56 million earlier this year, celebrates its two-year anniversary in December.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!