VH1 greenlights Mario Lopez reality show
"Extra" host Mario Lopez is getting his own reality show on VH1.
The untitled docusoap will star Lopez and girlfriend Courtney Mazza as they prepare for the birth of their first child.
The show will chronicle Lopez adjusting to being a father as he balances his workload hosting the syndicated "Extra" and MTV's "America's Best Dance Crew."
"Our audience have watched Mario go from a kid in a fictional high school to a man who has succeeded in many different facets in the TV business," said Jeff Olde, executive vp original programming at VH1. "This new series fits perfectly with VH1's programming because Mario's upcoming life changes reflect the same family milestones that many of our viewers are experiencing for the first time."
Lopez gained prominence during the early 1990s on "Saved by the Bell" and in recent years has appeared on the CBS soap "The Bold and the Beautiful" and FX's "Nip/Tuck."
VH1 has ordered eight half-hour episodes of the series, which will premiere in the fall. Cris Abrego for 51 Minds Entertainment will executive produce with Lopez and Mark Schulman. Olde, Jill Holmes and Kristen Kelly are executive producers for VH1.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR